Dedicated Quality Assurance Team
We have a dedicated quality assurance team located in all our facilities. Our growers practice safe farming techniques prior to harvest, as well as safe handling in the post-harvest process. A.D.S. is familiar with the FDA Guide to Minimize Microbial Food Safety Hazards for Fresh Fruits and Vegetables, along with the knowledge base and requirements of several recognized auditing firms, including AIB, Primus and SQF.
Food Safety Overview
A full time food safety manager at each facility performs a daily facility audit which includes:
- Plant sanitation
- Inspection crews in major growing areas
- Potential foreign body hazards
- Personal hygiene practices
- Safety station inspections
- Swab sample testing
Quarterly internal audits are performed under the guidance of the corporate food safety person. The audit consists of:
- Facility and equipment inspections (interior and exterior)
- Prerequisite programs
- Food safety plans
- Review of records (training logs, pest control reports, etc.)
Our facilities are audited by Primus. For the past three years, our facilities have achieved a Superior rating. All our facilities are compliant and have full time employed food safety personnel.